Reference Collection Analysis now Live
08 January 2016 by Paratext Editorial
News | Product Updates | Reference Universe | RU Product Updates
New Inventory and Analysis Tools for your Major Reference Works
Many library administrators are being pressed to inventory, relocate and/or weed their collection of Major Reference Works. But these expensive, non-circulating titles present a unique challenge. Where to start?
The Reference Universe Collection Analysis module is now online--an extension of Paratext’s Reference Universe Usage Platform. This new module allows you to:
- Assess the coverage of your e-Reference titles with that of your legacy print collection.
- Compare MRW holdings with peer and other institutions.
- Align your MRW collection more closely with the emerging areas of research at your institution.
Only Paratext can produce this utility, because only Reference Universe contains the depth of data.
- 12 years in the making--holdings and usage data in a single, cumulative source.
- The only comprehensive bibliography of Major Reference Works from 1975-2016.
- 35 million elements of unique metadata related to those titles.
Existing Reference Universe libraries receive this new module gratis. Others are encouraged to inquire with Paratext for trial access.